Endowments are funds that are restricted to specific purposes and are spent in such a way that the principal investment remains intact. Essentially, endowments support their designated purposes in perpetuity.
The Foundation currently has just over $850,000 invested in 37 endowments for scholarships and 4‑H programs.
We give out over $130,000 in scholarships each year to approximately 220 4‑H youth. Each year we have over 900 scholarship applications.
If you would like to learn more about establishing an endowment to provide ongoing funding for a particular program or award, contact the Foundation’s Executive Director.
An endowment gift of $25,000 will provide funding for a $1,000 per year scholarship. There is a $25,000 minimum* to establish an endowment with the Foundation. Endowments can be restricted to a county or multiple counties. The ultimate goal is to ensure endowments are broad enough to include programs or scholarships for the future, so it will be awarded in perpetuity.
*Endowments can be completed as cash gifts over five years or established as a part of a planned gift.
- Richard Eugene Ladd 4‑H Scholarship – Supports 4‑H scholarships in Grant County
- Wayne and Barbara Jennings 4‑H Scholarship Fund – Supports Hendricks County Scholarships
- Paulette LeCount-Dowden Fashion Revue/Sewing Accomplishment Scholarship – Supports the annual Sewing/Fashion Revue Accomplishment Scholarship
- 4‑H Electric Fund – Supports the 4‑H Electric Project
- Alice Gentry Memorial Endowment – Supports Hamilton County Scholarships in memory of Alice Gentry
- Cline Endowment – Supports 4‑H Junior Leader Programs
- Crooks Endowment – Supports Extension Staff Education Grants
- Doc Abel Endowment – Supports Citizenship and Leadership Training in honor of Dr. Robert Abel
- Harter 4‑H Scholarship – Supports Wayne County Scholarships
- Indiana Retired Extension Staff Endowment – Supports Leader Training
- International Program Endowment – Supports International 4‑H Experiences
- Lancaster 4‑H Horsemanship/Camp Scholarship – Supports Horsemanship Camp Scholarships
- Legacy Fund/Pauline Beck Family Endowment – Supports Hamilton County Scholarships and Awards
- McKinzie Endowment – Supports the General Fund and Indiana 4‑H Congress
- Staff Research Endowment – Supports 4‑H Staff Research Grants
- State Fair Sale of Champions Fund – Supports Livestock Curriculum and Equipment